Ever heard the phrase 'that slow realisation'?
Well...that's an understatement when waiting to hear back from an audition. You see, in this industry, you only get contacted if you get the part. No one will call you purely to tell you that you haven't got it. And it's also very rare that they'll give you a timescale, or anything to indicate how long to keep your hopes up for. This time, I did get lucky in that respect - I was told 2-3 days. However, whether that counts the weekend or not I have no idea.
Every half hour or so in which you don't get a phone call, you feel slightly less hopeful. But, you still haven't heard one way or the other, so it's natural to cling on to that idea you may still be in with a chance. After a week or so, that's usually the stage where I tell myself 'I definitely haven't got this'. But that's a week of sitting there willing the phone to ring. (Anyone who's called me in the days after an audition has probably experienced me trying not to sound disappointed it's not the call I wanted!)
I had my audition on Thursday, it's now Sunday. If those 2-3 days included the weekend, it's fair to say I haven't got it. If they don't, then there's still some hope they'll call tomorrow. So, a whole day for me to sit wondering. It's like 'that sinking feeling', but whatever it is that's sinking, is taking it's time.
No comments:
Post a Comment